Dry-Treat Stain-Repella Waterborne Maintenance Sealer - Gallon
Stain Repella is a breathable water-based sealer for floors, walls, buildings, swimming pools, patios, garages, countertops, and more!
Stain-Repella™ is a penetrating, invisible and breathable water-based sealer which protects porous surfaces against stains to keep surfaces looking great.
Stain-Repella™ is suitable to use indoors and outdoors for a wide variety of locations, including floors, walls, building facades, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, countertops, kitchens and entertaining areas.
- Economical high performance sealer
- Superior stain repellence
- Treated surfaces stay looking good and are easier to maintain
- Invisible - so that the original look of the treated surface is maintained
- Easy single coat application
- Breathable - allows water vapor to escape, helping to prevent damaging moisture buildup inside the treated material
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Water-based and low VOC
- PFOA and PFOS-free
HANAFINN Stain-Repella™ is a technological step forward, providing a superior level of protection for a competitive price:
- Deeper penetration = deeper barrier of protection
- Stain-Repella's sealing molecules are engineered to be much smaller for better penetration, even into dense materials, such as granite.
- Stain-Repella's smaller molecules wedge themselves better into small nooks and crevices (stronger mechanical bonds).
- The hydrophylic atoms, which enable the molecules to adhere to the treated surface, are better arrayed for superior adhesion.
- These 2 factors also give Stain-Repella™ a longer lifespan than common penetrating sealers.
- Stain-Repella's deeper protective barrier stops water traveling right up to the surface where it might cause visible damage.
- Stain-Repella's liquid repelling atoms are also arrayed for maximum repellence, providing superior stain protection.
HOW TO USE
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, dry and free of residues.
- Generously and evenly saturate the surface with Stain-Repella™ using a clean paintbrush, roller or lamb's wool applicator.
- A low-pressure pump sprayer can be used for outdoor surfaces. Avoid contact with surrounding areas. Very absorbent surfaces may need a second coat.. For very absorbent surfaces, apply a second coat while the first coat is still wet.
- Allow the sealer to penetrate for approximately 10 minutes, but before the sealer dries, thoroughly polish off all excess from the surface with clean, dry, white cloths/towels. When sealing a large area, work in smaller sections so the excess can be easily removed before it dries.
- Total application rate is approximately 1 quart per 40 to 120 sq.ft. or 1 litre per 4 to 12 square metres depending on surface absorption (1 gallon per 160 to 480 sq.ft. or 3.79 L per 16 to 48 sqm).
- Clean equipment with water.
Note: Stain-Repella™ WILL NOT prevent surface etching, scuffing or wear, and may lighten or darken some surfaces.
Advanced Application Tips
- TESTING Stain-Repella™. The product will reach full cure and should only be tested after 4 to 5 days cure time.
- There is a significant increase in stain repellence when the product is allowed to reach full cure.
- Stain-Repella™ is a highly modified fluorocarbon sealer - the molecules are approximately 3 to 4 times smaller than a typical fluorocarbon sealer, and free of cancer-causing PFOAs. This means you can have a higher percentage of active content without the sealer becoming visible, but it also takes 1 or 2 days longer to reach full cure than the standard 3 days for a fluorocarbon sealer.
- Stain-Repella™ must be applied to polished surfaces with a lamb's wool applicator, roller or paint brush, not a sprayer.
- Stain-Repella™ tends to pool / bead quickly on polished surfaces, which means it does not have enough dwell time on the surface. To ensure longer contact with the polished surface: 1) Use your applicator / cloth / roller to wipe the sealer across the surface, 2) allow 3 or 4 minutes dwell time, then 3) spread it over the surfaces AGAIN and 4) allow a further 5 to 10 minutes of dwell time before polishing off all excess product.
Highly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and the more porous types of limestone may require 2 coats. It is important to apply the second coat while the first coat is still a little damp. If the first coat has dried too much, it will start to repel the second coat and prevent it from penetrating and adhering.
- Do not take internally.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35°C (40 - 95°F).
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application.
- Protect surrounding areas from over-spray.
- Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil.
- Wear suitable gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an mask during application.
- Avoid applying in windy conditions.
- Wash hands thoroughly after applying.
PENETRATING vs. IMPREGNATING Sealers
Penetrating sealers are often referred to as 'impregnating' sealers, although their depth of penetration and impregnation of the material is limited. For a truly impregnating sealer, which provides unsurpassed penetration and permanently bonds to the treated material, click here for Dry-Treat's META CRÈME™
12% active content in water.
Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid inhaling vapour or sprayed mist.
If swallowed, contact a physician. DO NOT induce vomiting. Immediately have 2 glasses of water. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If in eyes, hold open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and contact a physician. If inhaled vapours or mist, relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist, contact a physician.
Fire - Use foam, water spray, CO2 and dry powder. Spillage - take up mechanically or with absorbent material such as sand or saw dust.