Dry-Treat Eff Erayza Safe Acid Stone & Masonry Cleaner
Eff-Erayza designed for cleaning and removing efflorescence, grout haze, mortar, and rust. Quart Size
Eff-Erayza is a new technology safer acid cleaner for removing efflorescence, rust stains, limescale, grout haze, mortar mess and fireplace soot. Eff-Erayza™ Efflorescence Remover is very powerful and generally more effective than traditional industrial acids but is non fuming, non-corrosive to metals (except for uncoated aluminum) and temporary contact does not burn skin. This product is typically combined with Oxy Klenza.
- Eff-Erayza™ is an acidic cleaner for removing mineral residues including, efflorescence, grout haze, rust marks, limescale & mortar mess
- Eff-Erayza™ does not produce noxious fumes so it can be used indoors and outdoors
- Suitable for commercial & domestic use on floors, walls, facades, showers, masonry, brickwork, patios, driveways, garage floors.
- Eff-Erayza™ is suitable for a wide range of non-acid sensitive stones and other hard surfaces, including, granite, slate, basalt, brick, glass, ceramic and porcelain tile, terracotta.
- Acidic cleaners are commonly used to clean paving & poured concrete surfaces. If using Eff-Erayza™ on concrete or other cementitious surfaces, neutralise the surface as soon as possible after cleaning to minimize etching, with something alkaline, such as Oxy-Klenza dissolved in water, then rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
- Effective for etching marble, limestone & other acid sensitive stones to achieve a 'honed' (matt) finish
WARNING: Eff-Erayza™ is acidic and will etch / damage acid sensitive stones such as marble, limestone, travertine and onyx as well as concrete / grout products and uncoated aluminium. Read all of the safety directions and precautions carefully before using.
- Highly effective for removing common mineral reasidues including: efflorescence, grout haze, rust marks, soap scum, limescale and mortar mess.
- Eff-Erayza™ can also be used for removing fireplace soot.
- The power of dangerous traditional acids without the noxious fumes
- Temporary contact does not burn skin - you have some time to rinse off the Eff-Erayza™ (however, rinse immediately after skin contact)
- Almost zero corrosion of metals, except uncoated aluminium
HOW TO USE
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA TO CHECK ACID SENSITIVITY BEFORE FULL APPLICATION.
- If satisfied with test results first sweep or vacuum all loose dust and dirt from the surface.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 40 - 95 °F (5 - 35 °C). Pre-wet surface with water.
- Start by mixing the below recommended amount of Eff-Erayza™ in a standard 2.5 G / 10L bucket 3/4 filled with clean water. Add more Eff-Erayza™ if needed.
- For efflorescence, rust mark, and fireplace soot: 1/2 quart bottle (approx. 500mL)
- For grout haze, limescale, and soap scum: 1/4 quart bottle (approx. 250mL)
- For mortar mess: 1 quart bottle (946mL)
- Pour, brush or spray mixed solution generously onto wetted surface and leave for 3 minutes.
- Do not allow solution to dry on surface. Clean large areas in sections.
- Rub with a white nylon scrub pad, or similar, to clean the surface.
- Neutralize the acid by dissolving 1 cup of Oxy-Klenza™ (or other pH base/alkaline cleaner) into a bucket of fresh water and pour it over the surface. Let it sit for approximately 3 minutes.
- Rinse surface thoroughly several times with clean water using a mop or wet vacuum.
- Note: Eff-Erayza™ will still etch acid sensitive materials such as marble, limestone, travertine, and onyx.
ADVANCED APPLICATION TIPS
If you are using Eff-Erazya™ to prepare a concrete floor before applying a coating its a good idea to neutralize any remaining acid. This will ensure that the substrata is stable for the coating to bond. Dissolve a cup of Oxy-Klenza™ (or other pH base cleaner) into a bucket of fresh water and pour it over the concrete that was acid etched and let it sit for a minimum of 3 minutes. Then thoroughly flush several times with fresh water to rinse away the solution and any salts that may have formed.
- Do not breathe vapors spray, Wear protective gloves, protective clothing and eye protection.
- May be corrosive to metals, causes skin irritation, causes serious eye damage, may cause respiratory irritation. Not to be taken. Keep reach out of children. Read label before use.
Keep only in original container. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container to authorized chemical landfill or if organic to high temperature incineration. Protect from freezing.
If swallowed, rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. If on skin (or hair): take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water. If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Absorb spillage to prevent material damage.